Alan Wright, Jon Summer, DiAnn Klepperich, Angie Smalley, David White, Susan Lover, Sara Rekow, Brenda Lentz, Kim Reding, Julie Rydeen, Tom Eidem, Julene Haasch, Kim McBride, Ed O’Connor
Approval of Minutes
May meeting minutes will be emailed for review.
Our account has $52K which includes $20K of earmarks. Team concessions earnings have been moved to 09 accounts, so we are starting fresh.
The stadium concessions upgrade is completed and looks great. There is a new hot water heater yet to be installed. The outside color choice was limited to District112 approved colors. Coolers need to be moved back in and filled. Volunteer signup is going well; Dana is heading that up. Our first couple home games are looking good for volunteers. Teams and coaches are excited about the new spending rules for concessions earnings. The speech team and band are looking for more opportunities to volunteer. Our first home football game is September 7.
Membership package prices will remain the same. A Hawks decal will be given to people signing up. An updated flyer will be available on Back to School night and inserted into out Sponsor brochure. The new flyer will also be posted on our website. Flyers can also be handed out to Elementary and Middle Schools via Peach Jar. There was discussion about adding a Patron option for $25 that would be a tax-deductible Boosters donation.
The shop is up and running and doing well. The walls of the shop were reinforced over the summer and can more hold more weight from merchandise and shelving. We are looking for someone to mud and tape the drywall. With Wally’s closing, we may need more hours operating and more volunteers especially during evening hours. Volunteering at the Hawk Shop requires some training.
Paint the Town information and Concession and Hawk Shop volunteering opportunities should be communicated monthly.
Our new brochure detailing our area sponsors will be ready for Back to School night.
PAINT THE TOWN
Girls Cross Country is heading up Paint the Town this Fall.
· Back to School Night – There will be a table selling Booster Memberships at the event. Concessions will start at 6:00 and will be pizzas, snacks, and beverages. There will be no grilling this year. The Hawk Shop will be open.
· First home football game is September 7.
· Ed O’Connor will be working with Donnie Rooney and Tom Eidem to learn about our grilling operation. He will take over for Donnie next year.
· We received a thank you from Key West High School for our donation to them following the hurricane.
· Our new website is up and running. It has a clean look, is easy to use, and scales for mobile use. Check it out and give us some feedback.
Monday, October 1, 2018 | 6:30, CHS Main Office Conference Room